Gratefully blessed!

As I am reading and studying Jim Richard's book, Moving Your Invisible Boundaries, I am moved by his teaching, particularly Chapter 18, Entering the War Zone. Unexpectedly, it was a particularly moving and emotional chapter for me.

As I searched my heart for the cause of the emotion God revealed to me that the emotion was coming from having a grateful heart. It brought back memories of when I was going through a very tumultuous time in my life and was weary from trying to live within my own power. That's when I turned to God and accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour. I gave it ALL to Him and stopped trying to live this life all on my own.

Becoming a Christian was intentional. I have always said, "I didn't become a Christian, not to be a Christian." My heart, my thoughts, my actions, my faith and the word of God all needed to be in alignment. That was the choice I made when I surrendered my "old self" to the "new self" that shares in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. As Jim Richards points out, "...we become one with Him in His victories."

As a "baby" Christian I dove into the word and was amazed at how much teaching I had missed out on by not being exposed to the Word of God. Every possible life situation and promise of God was addressed between Genesis 1 and Revelation 22:21. I sought the truth and heart of God through scripture and stepped out in faith...

Since those initial baby steps of faith I have been incredibly blessed. My mind, my heart and my soul are becoming more and more in alignment with the promises of God. His grace and mercy in my life are as undeniable as the teardrops that well up from my heart and stream down my face when I ponder his blessings.

In a recent quiet time of journaling here is what He spoke to me...I hope you too will be blessed by what He shared with me.

"When you are in Him, you are blessed.
When your heart is open, you are blessed.
When you surrender your life, you are blessed.
When you renew your mind, you are blessed.
When you turn away from evil, you are blessed.
When you put others first, you are blessed.
When you choose righteousness instead of sin, you are blessed.
When you give your burdens to Me, you are blessed.
When you love Jesus as much as I love you, you are blessed."

No comments:

Post a Comment