Blind Faith


There have been significant times in my life when I knew I needed to have total faith in God. During those times, I knew I couldn’t control the situation and wouldn’t even want to.  God has a plan and I never want to get in the way of His plans.  He has always been faithful and provided a better outcome than I would have on my own. 

Recently, as I prayed for faith it occurred to me that we aren’t the only ones who have to rely on faith. How much more faith does God need to have in us?  He gave us His Son and the free will to follow Him and it’s up to us to make the choice. It’s a two-way street of faith! We have His teaching available to us but will we follow it? He has total faith in us and in our ability to live by His word.  Do we have the same faith in ourselves? Do we have the faith to submit to His word and trust Him with the outcome for our lives? In John 14:23 (NIV) Jesus said, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.” 

Being a parent helps me to realize the faith God is placing in us. When we teach our children right from wrong and send them out into the world, we have to have faith and trust in them to follow our teachings. Sometimes we are disappointed but we continue to love them. We let them suffer the consequences, reinforce our teaching and send them out again, hoping they will make better choices. It takes a lot of faith on our part especially after we’ve been disappointed. The truth is that we will always love our children, just as God loves us. 
 
Faith is like walking blindfolded across a busy street and holding the hand of your Father who can clearly see the dangerous road. You trust in his love and protection to keep you safe from harm until you reach the other side. He puts his faith in you hoping you will walk with him, hold his hand and stay with him until you’ve reached your safe destination. 

Where are you putting your faith? Are you crossing the street blindfolded and alone or are you putting your faith in the Father’s hands? As for me…I know my Father has a vision for my future that I am blinded to….so I hold on tight and trust His sight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment